April 22, 2017 @ 8:00am - 1:00pm
| Edsel & Eleanor Ford House
1100 Lake Shore Rd.
Welcome Back Birds
Celebrate Spring and the return of our feathered friends with a day filled with bird-themed activities on the grounds of the estate!
There will be lots of hands-on and learning fun actitivites for the whole family, including making a sun-catcher to take home to help protect birds!
Scheduled activities include:
- 8 AM-1 PM Crafts and hands-on learning activities
- 8:15 AM-Guided bird walks by Wild Birds Unlimited of Grosse Pointe Woods*
- 9:15 AM-Guided bird walks by Wild Birds Unlimited of Grosse Pointe Woods*
- 9:15 AM- Peregrine Recovery Discussion
- 10:15 AM- Guided bird walks by Wild Birds Unlimited of Grosse Pointe Woods*
- 10:15 AM- Birds of prey demonstration
- 10:15 AM- DNR presentation on warblers
- 11:15 AM- Bird banding talk
- 12:15 AM- Birds of prey demonstration
*Guided bird walks will be offered at 8:15 AM, 9:15 AM, and 10:15 AM. Each session is first come, first served, and you will reserve your bird walk time at check-in.
Thanks to our partners:
- Wild Birds Unlimited- Grosse Pointe Woods
- Grosse Pointe Audubon Society
- University of Michigan-Dearborn
- Michigan DNR- Outdoor Adventure Center
- Leslie Science and Nature Center
The event is rain or shine. Ticket sales are final. Tickets are $12 non-members, $10 members, children 2 and under are free.
A limited number of tickets are available at:
Wild Birds Unlimited, 20381 Mack Ave. Grosse Pointe Woods, MI 48236 313.881.1410