May 4, 2019 @ 8:00am - 1:00pm
| Edsel & Eleanor Ford House
1100 Lake Shore Rd.
Welcome Back Birds - Sold Out
This event has sold out. Tickets will not be available at the door.
Fly back to the estate to celebrate spring and the return of our feathered friends as we Welcome Back Birds at Ford House. Bring the whole flock!
At Welcome Back Birds, you will:
- Take a guided bird walk by Wild Birds Unlimited of Grosse Pointe Woods.
- Learn about the different species of birds on Bird Island from the Grosse Pointe Audubon Society.
- See live owls, hawks and other birds of prey presented by the Leslie Science & Nature Center.
- Make a bird feeder and other crafts to take home.
- Learn about the owls of Michigan from the DNR's Outdoor Adventure Center.
- Enjoy bird-themed games and activities all day long.
Wild Birds Unlimited Bird Walks: 8:15 a.m. & 9:30 am.
DNR Owl Talks: 9:30 & 11:30 a.m.
Leslie Science Center Birds of Prey Presentation: 9:30 a.m. & 11:30 a.m.
Grosse Pointe Audubon Society Bird Island Talk: 8:30 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.
Creative Vision Bird Photography Walk: 10:30 a.m. & noon
Space is limited on the bird walks and photography walks.
The event is held rain or shine. Please dress for the weather! No refunds or exchanges.