May 5, 2018 @ 8:00am - 1:00pm
| Edsel & Eleanor Ford House
1100 Lake Shore Rd.
Welcome Back Birds!
Fly back to the estate to celebrate spring and the return of our feathered friends as we Welcome Back Birds at Ford House. Bring the whole flock!
At Welcome Back Birds, you will:
- Take a guided bird walk by Wild Birds Unlimited of Grosse Pointe Woods.
- Learn about terns on the Detroit River with the Detroit Audubon Society.
- See live owls, hawks and other birds of prey presented by the Leslie Science & Nature Center.
- Make a bird feeder and bird mobile to take home.
- Enjoy bird-themed games and activities all day long.
Guided bird walks will be offered at 8:15 and 9:30 a.m. (space is limited at each time). You will be asked to register for your bird walk time at the door. Live birds of prey demonstrations will be at 9:30 and 11:30 a.m.
Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for children ages 4 and up. Members are $10 for adults, $8 for children.
Thanks to our partners at:
• Wild Birds Unlimited- Grosse Pointe Woods
• Detroit Audubon Society
• Michigan DNR-Outdoor Adventure Center
• Michigan Young Birders Club
• Birding By Ear
• Leslie Science & Nature Center
The event is rain or shine. Ticket sales are final.