October 6, 2020 thru November 30, 2020 @ 8:00am - 4:00pm
| Edsel & Eleanor Ford House
1100 Lake Shore Rd.
Free Passes for Kids!
Create your own field trip at Ford House this fall!
Through Nov. 30, we are offering free grounds passes for kids 12 and under, plus they can claim a free educational activity kit at the gate. Adult passes are $5.
Bring the kids and use the fun tools and guides to learn and explore together this fall.
Your grounds pass lets you roam through the grounds and gardens of the historic estate. Bring a picnic and sit on the lawn, watch the boats on Lake St. Clair, stroll through the Rose Garden, marvel at the beautiful architecture, and soak in the open spaces and wooded areas.
Ford House offers this support to learners and families this fall, thanks to the generosity of the Ford Motor Company Fund.
All passes must be reserved in advance -- including free passes and members. There are no ticket sales at the gate.
The time and date of your ticket must match your arrival time. If you need a different date or time, please exchange your ticket by emailing tickets[at]fordhouse.org.
We are taking numerous precautions to create a clean, comfortable, safe and enjoyable visit for you. Each visitor must bring a face mask to keep with them at all times.
We are offering a variety of guided outdoor tours of the estate. Click here to view the tour schedule and purchase tickets. We are not offering house tours at this time. Historic buildings are closed.
We are open Tuesdays through Sundays. Entry times are every half hour from 8 AM-4 PM. The estate closes at 6 PM.
Our hours accommodate our rigorous sanitization and cleaning schedule, as well as keeping person-to-person exposure to a minimum. Find out more about our health and safety precautions and exploring the estate at www.fordhouse.org/experience.
Ford House’s current guidelines and safety procedures are in line with county, state and CDC requirements.
- Bring a mask and keep it with you during your visit.
- Your ticket and your face mask must be shown to the Security Guard at the entrance.
- You must wear your face mask (covering your mouth and nose) if:
- You find yourself closer than 6 feet from other visitors or staff.
- You are inside the restroom.
- Ford House has limited admission capacity each hour to avoid crowding.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been added around the estate.
- Signage around the estate reminds visitors to practice social distancing and helps answer questions.
- We have increased our sanitization schedule for all public areas and surfaces.
- Indoor activities and house tours have been canceled or temporarily suspended. (Check out our outdoor guided tours, our new app with virtual tours, and our other events including virtual workshops and lectures!)
- All historical buildings are closed at this time.