Admission & Tours
We will close early on Saturday, Oct. 24, for an event. Last passes are at 10 a.m. and the grounds close at noon.
SPECIAL October 6 - November 30, admission for children 12 and under is free, and each child may request a free Educational Activity Kit at the gate. Ford House offers this support to learners and families this fall, thanks to the generosity of the Ford Motor Company Fund. Click here for more info.
Find tickets here. Members, log in first to recieve your discount.
Our current hours accommodate our rigorous sanitization and cleaning schedule, as well as keeping person-to-person exposure to a minimum.
Monday .................. closed *(open 8 a.m.-4 p.m. for member walks)
Tuesday ................. 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (estate closes at 6 p.m.)
Wednesday ............ 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (estate closes at 6 p.m.)
Thursday ................ 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (estate closes at 6 p.m.)
Friday ......................8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (estate closes at 6 p.m.)
Saturday ................. 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (estate closes at 6 p.m.)
Sunday ................... 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (estate closes at 6 p.m.)
We're offering a variety of outdoor, guided, socially distanced tours. Click here to book your tour. We are not offering house tours at this time, and the historical buildings are closed.
Or use our new mobile app to tour from home and peek inside the house. Also available on the app store.
All visitors, including members, must register online for a timed ticket to the estate. Member tickets are still free, but pre-registration is required. There will be no ticket sales at the gate. The time and date of your ticket must match your arrival time. If you need a different date or time, please exchange your ticket by emailing tickets[at]fordhouse.org.
COVID-19 & SAFETY
We hope you will visit the estate and we are making every effort to keep our visitors and staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Ford House has implemented guidelines and safety procedures in line with current county, state and CDC requirements.
- Each visitor must bring a face mask and keep it with them at all times.
- Your ticket and your face mask must be shown to the public safety officer at the entrance.
- You must wear your face mask if:
- You find yourself closer than 6 feet from a visitor from others.
- Your specific program requires wearing a mask.
- You are inside the restroom.
- Ford House has limited our admission capacities to avoid crowding and follow state guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been added around the estate.
- Signage around the estate reminds visitors to practice social distancing and helps answer questions.
- We have increased our sanitization schedule for all public areas and surfaces.
- We have programs and workshops available virtually, as well as onsite outdoor tours and programs. Visit our events page to see our current offerings.
- All historical buildings, including the Main Residence, are closed at this time.
- All indoor activities, including house tours, have been canceled or temporarily suspended. (Check out our new mobile app to peek inside the house.)
PUT IT OUT
Tobacco use is not permitted anywhere at Ford House; e-cigarettes are also prohibited.
STAFF COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS
- All staff who are unwell, feel sick or have a fever are required to stay home.
- Staff are required to wear face masks indoors or within 6 feet of others, and practice strict social distancing.
- Staff temperature checks and screenings are conducted daily.
- Ford House has arranged alternative schedules and remote work for staff to reduce the amount of staff present at the estate.
- Any staff that may have been exposed to a potential case of COVID-19 will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
Ford House members can walk their dogs at any time during our hours of operation. Click here to learn more about becoming a Ford House member!
- The Main Residence and all historic buildings are closed, as is the Vistor Center.
- The restaurant and meeting rooms were closed in 2017 to make way for our new Visitor Center and Administration Building. The new Visitor Center will include new exhibits, education spaces, a new restaurant, rental spaces and more. The completion date for the construction of the facilities has moved to 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Follow building.fordhouse.org and our Facebook page for updates.
- Our wild habitat and bird sanctuary Bird Island is currently closed due to the construction of our new Visitor Center and Administration Building. The island will reopen when the buildings are complete.
- The Pool and Lagoon are currently undergoing historic restorations.
School Tour Reservations
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our School Tour bookings are temporarily on hold. Click here for details.
When is the best time to visit Ford House to avoid crowds? We are limiting the admittance, so anytime is safe. But generally, weekdays are quieter than weekends. The estate offers ample outdoor space to maintain a safe distance from others.
Am I required to wear a mask? You are only required to wear a mask in the restrooms and if you need to interact with staff or other visitors (outside your household), or if your specific tour or prgram requires it.
I bought a ticket but now I don’t feel well or cannot attend. What do I do? Please stay home if you feel unwell or feel unsure. We are happy to exchange your ticket for you. Please contact 313-884-4222 or tickets[at]fordhouse.org.
I'm a member. Why can't I see member pricing? To use your member discount, you must log in to your account first here.
How do I activate my account on the new ticketing system? All visitors, including members, must register online for a timed ticket to the estate. To use your member discount, you must log in to your account first here.
Member tickets are still free, but pre-registration is required. There will be no on-site ticket sales.
LOG IN FIRST
We have a new system for purchasing tickets, memberships, and reservations. Click here to get started. The first time you access it, you must set your password by clicking on "FORGOT PASSWORD". You will be prompted to check your email to create your password.
Once logged in, you will see a calendar. You can reserve a grounds pass or register for an event by clicking on the calendar box for the date you would like to visit.
You will need to log in each time you want to visit or purchase a ticket, or else you will not be able to reserve a member grounds pass or access member pricing.
If you have questions or need assistance, please email us at info[at]fordhouse.org and someone will help you!
Right to Refuse Service
In order to maintain a high standard of service and safety for visitors and employees, Ford House reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service to any visitor.
A visitor may be denied service in circumstances including, but not limited to, the following: violation of any Ford House policy or procedure; misrepresentation of the need for service; threatening or offensive language or behavior; trespassing; physical contact with visitors or employees; unreasonable demands for service.
Any Ford House employee can exercise the right to refuse service to any visitor on these or similar grounds. Visitors in violation of any Ford House policy will be asked by Ford House staff to leave the premises.
Ford House will not discriminate against an visitor or member on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Ford House is a nonprofit organization. We are grateful for the support from organizations like the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and the National Endowment for the Arts.