Our COVID-19 Guidelines & Precautions
Posted: August 24, 2020
We hope you will visit the estate and we are making every effort to keep our visitors and staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ford House has implemented guidelines and safety procedures in line with current county, state and CDC requirements.
- Each visitor must bring a face mask and keep it with them at all times.
- Your ticket and your face mask must be shown to the public safety officer at the entrance.
- You must wear your face mask if:
- You find yourself closer than 6 feet from a visitor from others.
- Your specific program requires wearing a mask.
- You are inside the restroom.
- Ford House has limited our admission capacities to avoid crowding and follow state guidelines.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been added around the estate.
- Signage around the estate reminds visitors to practice social distancing and helps answer questions.
- We have increased our sanitization schedule for all public areas and surfaces.
- We have programs and workshops available virtually, as well as onsite outdoor tours and programs. Visit our events page to see our current offerings.
- All historical buildings, including the Main Residence, are closed at this time.
- All indoor activities and guided house tours have been canceled or temporarily suspended. (Check out our new mobile app to peek inside the house.)