Pollinator Palooza: Party with Butterflies, Birds, Bees and More!
Posted: July 30, 2018
What's the buzz at Edsel & Eleanor Ford House? It's Pollinator Palooza!
Bring the family to Ford House for a day of fun hands-on activities and demonstrations to explore the world of bees, bugs, birds and butterflies.
At Pollinator Palooza, you can:
• Take a stroll through our butterfly house;
• Peek into a living bee hive with Bees in the D;
• Get all the secrets to attracting hummingbirds to your yard from Wild Birds Unlimited of Grosse Pointe Woods;
• Learn all about beneficial bugs with a live insect presentation from the Leslie Science & Nature Center.
Plus, kids will have fun tasting honey, building a bee hotel, making seed bombs, get their face painted, much more! Everyone will have the opportunity to “adopt a pollinator” to take home. And learn how to become a citizen scientist by planting your very own Monarch Waystation.
Bring your wings and join the pollinator party! Kids are welcome to come dressed as their favorite birds, bugs, bees and butterflies.
Pollinator Palooza is from noon-4 p.m. August 4. Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for kids and available online here. The event is free for children 2 and under.
There will be ongoing events and activities from noon-4 p.m. with some special programs as shown below:
- 12:15pm Attracting Hummingbirds Talk - Wild Birds Unlimited of Grosse Pointe Woods
- 12:15 pm Queen Bee- story reading
- 1:15 pm Magical Monarchs talk
- 1:15 pm Leslie Science & Nature Nature’s Recyclers live bug presentation
- 2 pm The Life of a Bee presentation from Bees in the D
- 2 pm Leslie Science & Nature Nature’s Recyclers live bug presentation
- 3 pm Leslie Science & Nature Nature’s Recyclers live bug presentation
We will have water bottle refill stations with optional compost-friendly cups. Please bring a reusable bag to make sure your newly adopted pollinator makes it home safely!