April 24, 2016 @ 8:00am - 1:00pm
| Edsel & Eleanor Ford House
1100 Lake Shore Road
Welcome Back Birds! - Sold Out
Celebrate Spring and the return of our feathered friends with a day filled with bird-themed activities on the grounds of the estate!
We’ll also celebrate the Fords’ continued dedication to wildlife conservation and the Migratory Bird Treaty Centennial!
- Games and hands-on activities for all members of your family to enjoy throughout the day!
- Birdwatching 101 by the Grosse Pointe Audubon Society
- Guided bird walks by Wild Birds Unlimited of Grosse Pointe Woods
- Demonstration of bird banding by author Allen Chartier, Birds of Detroit
- Live birds of prey presentation by the Leslie Science & Nature Center in Ann Arbor
- Make a woodpecker feeder to take home.
The event is rain or shine, with the exception of bird-banding activity. See a full schedule of events here.
Pre-order a boxed lunch, and picnic on the grounds. Choose either a Ham Sandwich or Roasted Vegetables and Cream Cheese Sandwich, plus all boxes include chips, cookie and water.
The Cafe also will be open for lunch from 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Tickets are $15 adults, $10 for children, children 2 and under are free. Members get a discounted admission, $12 adults and $8 children.