Stroll through our grounds, gardens, and nature areas on these 87 acres. From the circling paths of the rose garden to spotting wildlife on Bird Island, there is so much to explore.
Today at Ford House
Don't Miss This
Maker Studio: Suminagashi
Japanese Paper Marbling
Plan Your Visit
Make the most out of your visit to Ford House!
There’s more than one way to experience Ford House. Take your time and discover your own path as you explore the grounds, new Visitor Center, and the Fords’ historic home.
Ford House has amazing views of Lake St. Clair and expansive green spaces, and we want you to enjoy it. Run, play, twirl, or lounge to your heart’s content!
Check out our three new exhibition spaces, Education Wing, dining and shopping in the Visitor Center.
We have tours, programs and events for all ages, ranging from fitness and mindfulness to STEM and music. Try something new or explore your passions.
Stop by The Continental and The Speedster for a delicious meal with an unbeatable view.
Ford House has some paved walkways on the estate that are wheelchair accessible. Some of our garden pathways have uneven ground, pebble paths, and a few stairs.
If you have accessibility needs or concerns, our staff can work with you on accessible options. Please contact email@example.com to make the arrangements. Accessibility is important to us, and we want everyone to be able to share in the Ford House experience. If you have more questions you can also call us at 313-884-4222.
COVID-19 & SAFETY
Ford House has implemented guidelines and safety procedures in line with current county, state and CDC requirements.
We ask any visitors who feel unwell, have a fever or other symptoms, to please stay home. We will be happy to exchange your ticket for a different date.
- Ford House does not require masks for fully vaccinated individuals, but we encourage mask-wearing indoors, especially for those who are not vaccinated.
- Everyone should follow social distancing recommendations and respect each other’s space.
- We have limited our admission capacities to avoid crowding.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been added around the estate.
- We have increased our sanitization schedule for all public areas and surfaces.
PUT IT OUT
Tobacco use is not permitted anywhere at Ford House; e-cigarettes are also prohibited.
Ford House members can walk their dogs at any time during our hours of operation. Click here to become a member!
- The Pool and Lagoon, Recreation Building, Power House, Play House, and Garage are closed.
Group Tour Reservations
Coming with a crowd? Click here to see an overview of our offerings.