Today at Ford House
Don't Miss This
Bird Island is Temporarily Closed
Bird Island is temporarily closed for maintenance.
2023 EyesOn Design at Ford House Celebrates Poster Unveiling
On February 7, witness the unveiling of the 2023 EyesOn Design at Ford House commemorative poster. The event begins at 9:30 a.m. inside the Visitor Center. Media and the public are welcome! Please RSVP.
Snowy Saturday is at Ford House!
On Feb. 4 and Feb 11 join us for a wintery expedition, exploring the grounds at Ford House this winter!
There’s history to be discovered all over Michigan
Visit our MotorCities National Heritage Area partner organization to experience the full, rich history of Michigan and its significance in the American auto industry.
Ford House Hours of Operation
The Visitor Center is open on the following days:
- Tuesday through Wednesday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday through Saturday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Sundays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Ford House is closed on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. We are open on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
House Tours + Grounds Pass
Tour the Fords’ Main Residence and explore the 87 acres of lakeside grounds and gardens.
- Self-guided tours: Want to tour at your own pace? Self-guided house-tour passes are available.
- Guided tours: Prefer a guided experience or want to learn more? Find dates, times, and purchase tickets here.
Hours may vary to accommodate special events. Check the calendar here for available tour dates and times.
The grounds and gardens are open for walks:
- Tuesday through Sunday, 8 a.m.-sunset
- Members-only Mondays, 8 a.m.-sunset
Members show their cards at the gate and do not need to show a ticket. Members may also walk their dogs. Click here to become a member.
Dates and times may vary depending on special events. Check the calendar here for available dates and times.
The Continental & Speedster
Business hours for The Continental at Ford House, our lakeside dining restaurant:
- Monday, Closed
- Tuesday-Wednesday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. (Lunch Only)
- Thursday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. (Lunch) and 4 p.m.-8 p.m. (Dinner)
- Sunday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. (Brunch Only)
Reservations are highly recommended. Call 313-884-4222 for reservations.
Business hours for The Speedster, our quick-service dining (no reservation necessary):
- Monday, Closed
- Tuesday-Wednesday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Thursday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Some historic buildings, such as the Garage and South Cottage, are closed at this time.
Find tickets for house tours, grounds passes, and our wonderful programs. Advance purchase is recommended!