Today at Ford House
Don't Miss This
Our Pawsitive Commitment to Welcoming All Breeds 🐾
In response to the recent ban on pit bulls in Grosse Pointe Shores, Ford House wishes to remind visitors that, in accordance with our organizational value of inclusion for all, 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗱𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗼𝗴𝘀 𝗮𝘀 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲! During operating hours, Ford House members are welcome to walk their dogs on leash on the property, excluding Bird Island.
Ford House Hours of Operation
The Visitor Center is open on the following days:
Summer Hours (beginning May 2):
- Tuesday through Wednesday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. (Tours begin at 10 a.m.)
- Thursday through Saturday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. (Tours begin at 10 a.m.)
- Sundays, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. (Tours begin at 10 a.m.)
- Tuesday through Wednesday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday through Saturday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Sundays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Ford House is closed on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. We are open on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
House Tours + Grounds Pass
Tour the Fords’ Main Residence and explore the 87 acres of lakeside grounds and gardens.
- Self-guided tours: Want to tour at your own pace? Self-guided house tour passes are available.
- Guided tours: Prefer a guided experience or want to learn more? Find dates, times, and purchase tickets here.
Hours may vary to accommodate special events. Check the calendar here for available tour dates and times.
The grounds and gardens are open for walks:
- Tuesday through Sunday, 8 a.m. – sunset
- Members-only Mondays, 8 a.m. – sunset
Members show their cards at the gate and do not need to show a ticket. Members may also walk their dogs. Click here to become a member.
Dates and times may vary depending on special events. Check the calendar here for available dates and times.
The Continental & Speedster
Business hours for The Continental at Ford House, our lakeside dining restaurant:
- Monday, Closed
- Tuesday-Wednesday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. (Lunch Only)
- Thursday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. (Lunch) and 4 p.m.-8 p.m. (Dinner)
- Sunday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. (Brunch Only)
Reservations are highly recommended. Call 313-884-4222 for reservations.
Business hours for The Speedster, our quick-service dining (no reservation necessary):
- Monday, Closed
- Tuesday-Wednesday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Thursday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Find tickets for house tours, grounds passes, and our wonderful programs. Advance purchase is recommended!