Today at Ford House
Don't Miss This
Fall Events On Sale Soon!
Tickets for Little Goblins, Harvest Day, and Big Goblins will go on sale the week of September 12! (Members, get your tix now!)
Photography at Ford House
Make your special day even more memorable by capturing your photos on the breathtaking grounds at Ford House. The estate provides the perfect backdrop for photography, from family and newborn photos, engagements to bride-and-groom portraits, high school senior and prom photos, and more.
Ford House staff have created a seamless process to ensure all guests capture their desired photographs. Below are the steps to reserving a session.
- Fill out the online request form, here.
- Please note: We ask that sessions be booked 2 weeks prior to the guest’s arrival.
- A member of our Visitor Experience team will reach out to you to ensure we have all the details of your session including the preferred date and time.
- A contract will be created, emailed, and e-signed by the client, photographer, and videographer (if applicable).
- A confirmation document will be sent to the client detailing arrival and departure information.
- On the day of your session, you will be greeted by a Ford House staff member who will escort you around the estate and ensure you have a pleasant experience.
All estate policies including prohibited equipment and estate guidelines will be outlined in the photography session contract.
Click here for our current photography session prices.
- The member price is not valid for photo sessions of 10 or more guests.
- The inside of the historic buildings is not available for photography sessions.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 313-884-4222.
Frequently Asked Questions for Photography Sessions
Q: Why do I have to pay for a session? I am a Ford House Member.
A: We ask that all guests who would like to conduct a photography session on the estate pay a minimal fee for us to cover the costs of staffing the session. However, as a member, you do receive a discount on your session and priority booking.
Q: Why does someone have to escort me?
A: We have a staff member escort you through your session to ensure that the estate is preserved as much as possible. For example, certain equipment is not permitted (drones) to help prevent damage to the historic buildings and grounds.
Q: We will only be 15-30 mins, can you just let us do it anyway? We won’t destroy anything.
A: Unfortunately, no. We have other scheduled sessions that have purchase time slots to take their photos. We try to schedule specific dates and times so all guests can get their desired photos, and to ensure staffing to work with your session.
Q: Why can I not use (specific props, candles, large letters, etc.)?
A: Ford House is a historic landmark, so we ask that guests not use certain props that could potentially harm a building or grounds. Items such as candles are a fire hazard, large displays and equipment may damage the lawn. It is our job to ensure the estate is here for years to come and we appreciate your assistance in its preservation.
Q: Why can’t I bring champagne to our photo session?
A: Due to our liquor license no outside alcohol is permitted.
Q: I have 10 + guests that need to be photographed, can I still use the membership pricing?
A: Unfortunately, for a group that size the member pricing is not valid. However, we’d love to assist you with pricing. Please contact our photography team at firstname.lastname@example.org